Friday, January 27, 2006

Damn, must have been whiskey in those cups

I'm afraid I have to report yet another night of drunken debauchery when I ought to have been studying. This one came with the unfortunate side effect of a hangover, something rare and unwelcome in my ouvre. Anyway, out at Lit last night, I commented to my friend that the hipsters really ought to be commended. It's not everyone that can raise maladjustment to an art form and find enough people who were similarly unable to get along with anyone in high school to actually create an economic and social force of such power that daily newspapers and unemployed bloggers complain about them regularly. So three cheers for maladjustment, and three cheers for Jack Daniels. Actually, maybe you can hold those for the moment. My head doesn't want me doing any kind of cheering now actually. There's this person that comes out some nights. That person isn't really me, but he does inhabit my body. Cheerful and cheeky, he manages to stifle the reserved aspect of my character and do really random things like dance with the go-go girl on stage (I think she had fun), and get conversations on with everyone, male or female, with a pulse in the nightclub. I rather enjoy being that fella. It's kinda cool to let the rebel without a cause schtick go and be rebellious without a pause. I'm not sure that previous sentence made any sense. On the other hand, I'm not sure my head has ever made this much noise. I think I'm going to go lay down now. More postings, on varied topics, to comes later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home