Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It got worse

The breakup that is. Abandoning the don't call me stance, Opera girl called for an operatic conversation that played out with me circling Union Square for over an hour after midnight on a Monday night. To find finality, I had to trot out "I think you're a wonderful person but honestly my feelings for you really don't run that deep." Basically she needed to hear that I just really didn't like her that much. For her to find finality, she had to confess infidelity and the subsequent lies of omission to cover it up, a fairly plain ploy at hurting me at a moment I was obviously hurting her. My ego is hurt a lot less than my faith in humanity. I know what I'm capable of. I'd just thought and hoped she was a better person than that. Humanity is disgusting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People, will do anything to try and make it hurt less.
Lie, claiming infidelity, anything...

She's human.

You should just say you are not that into her, she will like you more in the long run.

Hope it works out.
xox

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home