Saturday, April 05, 2008

Of vice and indulgence to come

It's 7.13 PM and I've had two vodka tonics. I'm pleasantly buzzed and eating a cup of chocolate pudding, remnant of my week of soft foods after having my wisdom teeth taken out. A barbaric process that, more traumatic than a car crash (which I have experienced), one that will be thought of in the future along the same lines we currently think of foot binding and female circumcision. I'm still taking Vicodin to sleep through the night because the throbbing in my tortured gums is distracting as monkey at the fucking opera. Thus I feel entitled to indulge my vices a little, enabled in this by the movie Factotum, which is a pleasant indulge in masculine irresponsibility. It's not really a good movie, lacking in the humanity that enlivens Bukowski's work. Matt Dillon is an amazing degenerate but his voice really is no substitute for Bukowski's writing. This is a hollow shell, pleasant in it's callow drunkenness and misogyny but ultimately irrelevant. Nevertheless, vices are being indulged and it seems such a pleasant thing that I feel like I should just go on ahead and do a little indulging of my own.

So then, let us count. Where do I begin, what are my vices? Well... it's hard to think of any. I drink in moderation, eat like a big man but not quite a hog and fuck, with regularity and a fair amount of passion, the very same woman over and over again. Hastening past the irrelevance of my dalliances in booze, I should point out that sex is all that's 0n my mind. In three months I bring to a close eight and a half years of living in North America. It's been a wild ride and the entirety of my adult life. I've grown to be the person I always wanted to be and knew I had in me, although there is much left to accomplish. Nevertheless the portion of the journey is coming to an end and sooner than my mind is able to comprehend, I will find myself irrevocably and resolutely a member of a society much more conservative and less open than the one I'm currently in. Thus it is my intention to indulge, not a little bit, but a lot. Certainly not in booze or drugs (besides the aforementioned Vicodin, which I'm hardly abusing) but in things that might be considered "perverted," in sex copious and casual and fulfilling as I can manage. You should join me. It'll be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home