Thursday, November 24, 2005

Out with the too old and too young, bring on the just right

As interesting as she is, I will not be dating the freshman. Two things make this certain for me. One, I have a sister who is exactly her age and that freaks me out. Two is the fact that I'm simply way past this stage. I've done college, done dorm rooms, done all of that drama and I've moved on to a different stage of my life. Dating someone going through all of that would simply be regression. This would seem to be sheer common sense but I did have a reason for actually contemplating dating her. Simply, I frequently date older, much older than the age divide between the freshman and I actually. The Brazilian is eleven years older than I am and I'm only five years older than the freshman. One of the things that drives me up the wall when I meet an older woman is the condescending attitude of "you're just a baby, you're too young for me." Condescension will get you killed. What has been brought forcefully to my attention in two dates with the freshman though is the fact that these women were in fact correct. The freshman comes off as ridiculously mature, both emotionally and rationally. She's smart, scarily ambitious and an overall superawesome person. And she's pretty damn cute. I wish I could say this of every other woman I've ever dated. Nevertheless, her concerns are not my concerns. She's still trying to wrap her mind around the fact that she is unlikely to get to straight As in college. Ha, hahaha. I gripped that reality a long time ago and graduated with impressive but far more realistic numbers a little while ago. In the same vein, the Brazilian was griping about her employees a little while ago and it occurred to me that my boss complained about the exact same thing I'd done sometime in January. The Brazilian runs a department, has an established reputation in her industry and calls CEOs by their first names. I'm still learning the ropes and trying to get my voice heard in meetings. It doesn't matter that we're intellectual equals or that the freshman uses "reification" in everyday conversation. It doesn't make any sense for me to be dating these women. The freshman is my first ever dating anyone younger than I am, but I've always dated older. I'm mature enough that older women have always been comfortable around me and I just like the lack of drama in those relationships. It seems to me though that it's time to give all that up. A girl I dated for 5 months ended things between us a little while ago, because even though she quite liked me, she was thinking about children and starting a family and it didn't make any sense spending time with me. Put that with the Brazilian and the freshman and that makes three times this year that the age shift thing has broken down on me. Obviously the universe is trying to send me a message. SO, if you know any wicked and edgy, feisty and charming, jazzy and hot, 20 and some odd year old hotties who might be looking for tall, dark and handsome (not to mention intelligent and talented, but not funny, I don't do funny), send em over here. Applications are now being accepted over at fredfflint@gmail.com.

3 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

you should totally date her. My friend dated a freshman and had a blast, he had to sign in to her dorm at nyu everytime he wanted to have sex with her, i thought it was hilarious.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Flint said...

yeah, I think it was sharing her bunk bed (chastely, chastely) in her quad (quad!) that really freaked me out. I kept having flashbacks to the days I had to live, date and have sex within such spaces. Nooooooooo.

CG, jade girl is funny. Thanks for sharing.

8:16 AM  
Blogger sinclair sexsmith said...

damn, I must know some straight girls. I'll get back to you on that.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home