Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Why I fail

It seems to me that one of the reasons I fail or continue to feel as I fail even before I begin is that I do not reach high enough. I keep striving to do thigns that have been done before, and better, by those to whom it came natural to and in so doing, I sabotage myself, preventing the best that lies within me from coming out, failing to emphasize my own strengths and instead attempting to magically recreate those of others. That is a recipe for failure. I must stop it. I not Diane Arbus, or Bazima or Bukowski or any of those other people whose moments I am so respectful or envious of. I am Flint and can be nothing but Flint. Sadly, Flint is not my name and even this post reads as if written by a stranger. Sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home