Saturday, December 03, 2005

a life less ordinary

forget the movie, which was ordinary to good at best. I get tired of having boring conversations, being the kind of unimaginative clot who spends his weekends in the bottom of a whisky glass trying to meet women in places where at least six years of experience suggests its inadvisable to be trying to do so. I see people who do things that amaze me, whose writing causes my head to explode and reconfigure, who've made art that makes my blood boil, and ignorance that freezes it in my veins. I feel the need to break out of my skin, break into a different world, be a lot more than I am now. And I know I have it in me. When I sleep, I hear my spirit rumbling, I wake up wondering what I'm waiting for and when I'll break with all the bullshit. I'm too conditioned, too bound to convention, like capitalizing at the start of the sentence and writing in complete, too scared of myself and what I could be, too scared that I won't like what I become. I like this dude. He ain't exactly changed the world, but that arrogant SOB took on the world on his own terms, did it right and he ain't even near done. And no, he's not even in the same ballpark as the game I want to play. I've got to break free of ordinary people with ordinary thoughts and preoccupations. I've got to stop delaying and start working. I sometimes stare at the mirror and think to myself, I'm in my physical, creaive and mental prime. If I don't do it all now, all this will start to rot and my life will have been a waste. Any moment from now. I'm at the crest of possibility but my effort has not yet matched my capability. I gotta stop getting there and get there. Now, now, now, now now!!!!! There, that dramatic enough for you? Somebody take my keyboard away from me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bella said...

I tried to comment about this the other day, but blogger was having a tanty.
All I wanted to say was "Amen, brother!" or words to that effect.
Anyway. Email imminent.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home