Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sunday night blues

Me dad's in town and that's been nice. It amuses me that we are able to get along so well these days with so little to clash about. It's been quite pleasant, although he is monopolising an awful lot of my time. He leaves Tuesday and I will be relieved to get back to doing things my way, but it really is good hanging out with him. I feel like I've had him to myself quite a bit lately. He came by last year in January to surprise me for my birthday and we spent a couple of days hanging out. Then again in the Summer, we shared a hotel suite in London while the rest of the family crashed at my aunt's place. Basically about a week of rooming with my dad. And no one went crazy. That in itself is crazy. If you'd have told me that was possible five years ago, I'd have laughed in your face.

Anyway, still in a bit of a funk. Have ignored everyone of my friends all weekend and most of last week. Last week, believe it or not was Spring Break for us. I spent alternating between my apartment and the library. Still didn't manage to get any work done and this week is definitely going to be jarring for me. I'm even reading the wrong book for one of my classes, devouring Hunter S. Thompson's excellent Hell's Angels even though we don't read it for another couple of weeks. I might not even own the book we actually read this week in that class. I'm frequently amazed that I've come this far in my academic life with such quirks as this.

I find myself quite irritated that Boston girl has lost interest. Having blown off quite a few people in the past, I am well aware when someone is bored, spooked, dissuaded or distracted from their interest in me. Things seemed to be going well and I actually had been relishing the chance to go to Boston, both to get away from this space inhabit so completely and spend time with someone I found interesting and fun, and for the chance to see some of my friends, who I suddenly miss very much. Unfortunately, that was not to be and now I'm sitting here all alone, without no love of my own, yeah (lyrics by Zappa, performance by the Persuasions). I wonder what caused spooked her. I ought to have exit interviews with all these women who breeze in and out of my life and find out what it is that causes things to not work out so. It might help my love life. I mean, it's not that I was all decided that I wanted to be with this girl. But G, who came down from Montreal, had just explained to me that perhaps I didn't need to decide upon every single quality I required and insist on it's presence before I got into a relationship. Her take on things was that people meet each other, fall into bed and then sort of decide they don't mind each other that much and keep it going till the sex becomes crap, then they find an excuse to break up. This approach led her into a recently ended three year relationship that was actually quite decent. So I'd been thinking of going with her approach and letting what would be be, but I guess that was not it. Oh well.

I ought to write about G's weekend here. We went dancing. It was hot. I like to dance and she is a very good dancer. It took a lot of restraint to not jump her bones after she showed that she could really rock the dance floor. I would but I'm tired and not in the mood for storytelling. Maybe next time. Happy anniversary Chelsea Girl. I'm sad I don't have any submission for your celebration, but I'm not in the most creative of moods and I don't even have a digital camera with which I could capture a lazy moment. Enjoy anyway, we will be eagerly reading.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I'm starting this comment even before I read the rest of the post...
"dUDE seriously, you cannoy get away with half assed pictures like that... Privacy and all, yes.. But live a little, what do u look like?"

Right, I shall now read post.

I completely understand about your dad, went away with my mom recently.. shared a suite and we actually got allong. We now talk on the phone, if you told me this was possible five years ago? Would have said.. yeah right..

To be honest I think there are loads of reasons why she might not have wanted you to come down, reasons that dont necessarily mean she's lost inetrest. Who does she live with? She might not be comfortable bringing guests and stuff.
Just pick up the phone and tell her how you feel, if she's a good person she'll explain herself.. if not, then dude soo many other cities in the states. Why boston anyway? :)
good luck.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Flint said...

Bah, she lives alone, and while she's admitted her place is messy, I'm sure cleaning it wouldn't be the end of the world. I know she's lost interest because she's not replied my last couple of phone calls when she used to call or text every single night. If I'd decided I was definitely into her, I might be make the effort to find out what's going on, but I'm not going to chase her, only to decide after I get her that I don't want her. Many a guy has been called a douche for doing that.

As to the pic, I'll drop one in your email sometime. Seriously paranoid about anyone I know finding this thing. The last blog crashed and burned in a blaze of infamy.

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah my last blog did too.. lol..

Wow, I guess in that case she should be forgotten, there is no 'good' way to go about this...
Go out, hang out.. You've been 'chilling' recently, get out there... meet some more cool girls, I'm not saying find a replacement right now, but distractions are always handy.

I still kinda feel like there must tbe a reason,(I mean she's a girl... if she was a guy i'd have said, ok, so did u have sex n it's over? lol)

Things will work out when u least expect.

xox

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home