Wednesday, May 03, 2006

No, I have not been kidnapped by aliens.

I'm just dealing with a very busy end of semester, badly. I'm irritable and apparently have shoulders too broad for any suit in Manhattan to fit me. I know this because I tried every last one this morning when I ought to have been writing my youth cultures paper. That paper, which is due in three hours and fourteen minutes, has stymied for the last couple of weeks and I must now put it together in less time than it takes to try on every suit from H&M and Zara to bloody Bloomingdales. I'm gonna go the wedding in bermuda shorts and a fishermans' hat. Anyway I'll quite whining now and get to writing. I'll be back.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

get it custom made darline.

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that fails, lol.. Go into Bergdorfs, the assistants are really good, and will go out of their way to find you a suit, or at least elad you to a place where you can find the suit.
H&M is a waste of time, and I'm suprised Zara didn't work, but then again, I'm assuming you're not tall and lanky.

4:59 PM  
Blogger Flint said...

Yeah with my current fiscal status, I'd be laughed right out of Bergdorf. Zara actually came closest to working with the only suit I tried that actually fit (although I would have had to let the sleeves out there too), but the styling wasn't really me and I wasn't going to buy another suit that wasn't quite right so I could refuse to wear it after this weekend. I'll make do with something I have and figure out a permanent solution when I have fewer things on my plate. Thanks for the advice though. And I'm pretty tall (6'3) and past the days of lanky.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

6'3 is pretty tall... I'm still shocked at Zara, though the range in Europe is always completely different from the ones in the states.

Hope u find a permanent solution soon.
x

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home