Thursday, June 08, 2006

You make me want to use adjectives

Some people just bring out the wit cheese in you. As I struggled with the impulse to say in a thousand different ways that the woman with me afffected me, I came upon and delivered immediately the sentence above. For some people, it'd have been a sacharine overload, but it was honestly delivered and she's vain enough to have been charmed by it, and so I got permission, nay encouragement to deliver all the adjectives I wanted as the night went on. I didn't stint out on them. Attentive readers may remember that I was not immediately impressed with Opera girl's looks. Here it is the opposite. My date, who we will call the Actress until I'm able to stop naming my partners by simplistic monikers referencing a single aspect of their lives, is simply exquisite, a 5'11, big boned, honey lipped and fine featured Scandanavian creature with a short mane of platinum blonde hair to attract unwitting Nigerian men. In the words of one of my current favorite bands, she "chews my mind up." I sent her a text at the end of our date informing her that she made my heart sing cheesy movie themes and that she does.

As always though, there is a but. I wonder if there is an element of self sabotage to my relationships. It would explain how I'm able to find fault over and over with the most apparently perfect women in the city. Here, I worry that I'm too attracted to her physically and that there is not enough behind that. This despite the fact that we actually had quite a few engaging conversations over the course of the evening, allowing me to break into my impassioned orator spiel (guaranteed to come out when I've met someone I'm trying to impress with the depth of my feelings for life and specific aspects of it - tonigh? cooperative creativity). Anyway, I think I ought to stop worrying so much about what is going to happen with all these ladies. I need to relax that edict of mine from earlier in the year that I would find a woman who wanted to be in a relationship with me and settle into a happy one before the end of the year. I think it'd be much better if I just waddled in with no expectations and we could both let things develop as they will. One problem though is still societal expectation and conditioning. My problems with Opera girl wouldn't be such problems if not for the fact that society expects and demands that when you find someone you like, you treat them like a captured bird and insist that they see no one else but you. I would be fine flaunting that particular edict and enjoying the time we have together without worrying about the time we have apart but I feel pretty ridiculous even suggesting such a thing. However, considering where things are now, I don't suppose it'd hurt very much to put that out there. Hmm, we'll see about that.

Anyway, that's what's going on on the girl front. In other news I'm trying to bartend. I don't remember if I've written that here before but if you do know a New York bar that needs a bartender, please let me know about them and let them know I'm the man they're looking for. Mucho gracias. By the way, I think the Scandanavian blonde likes me too. Her final text of the evening was "you're supercute, I have a crush on you." Here that Flint's high school class of 1999? Insanely gorgeous girls think I'm supercute. How do you like me now? Yeah, I'm going to sleep off some of the booze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home