Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy VD

Living in Harlem and seeing someone in the Upper East Side is amusing for me. I get onto the train at 125th, bumping old school Jay-Z and acting as grimy as my neighbourhood, and fifteen minutes later I step off at 77th street, a neighbourhood so genteel you can just stop by a bodega and pick up really nice orchids and a couple of roses, my one small concession to the commercial nightmare that is Valentine's day. I arrive a little before midnight (so technically it's not even Valentine's day yet), and depart a little before 9am. I doubt there are many Americans or any girls my age I could have so civilized a relationship with. It's like having an affair without a wife or girlfriend to cheat on. Probably as good a time as any to get that experience out of the way.

Anyway, Happy Valentines Day. I'm going to eat half a tub of this ridiculously good ice cream while I procastinate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home